Activities are done under the laws of Romania, as follows:
Over the years there have been assimilated and manufactured in the company a wide range of military technique products, such as:
- Manufacture of ammunition and weapons;
- Manufacture of explosives;
- Research, design, approval, testing of specific products;
- Import of raw materials, materials, parts, reference models and know-how, etc. needed for production;
- Possession, storage, handling and transporting of goods inbound and outbound for military products;
- Recyclable waste and metal and non-metal scrap recovery;
- Testing and technical analysis.
- 37 , 57, 76, 85, 98, 100, 122 and 130 mm artillery ammunition, with different war components (explosive, boring, perforating tracer, illumination, to distribute printed material, etc.).
- Ammunition cal. 125 mm for cannon D-81 on the tank;
- Unguided reactive ammunition:
Ammunition cal. 122 mm type GRAD with explosive war components, with balls, with preformed elements;
Ammunition cal. 82 mm with aerosols, passive jamming, heat traps;
Ammunition cal. 57 mm type S 5 M, S 5 K.
- Fuzes for missiles:
Impact: MRV, MRV-U
Proximity: FORAD-1 FORAD-2, PROXFU-2
- Fuzes for artillery ammunition:
For explosive ammunition RGM-2, V-429
For illumination ammunition: T-7
- Fuzes for mortar bombs cal. 82 and 120 mm: T-1, ETF-1MT
- Fuzes for ammunition cal. 125 mm from the tank: V 429 E
- Navy products:
River and sea mines (magneto-acoustic type MMA-1, MMA-2 and contact with antennas typ MMCA-1 and MMCA -2;
Grenades to destroy dams GDF -2;
Reactive grenades GR-66, GR-1200, GR-2500, GR-6000;
Anti-descent mines and mines against air-cushion vessels MAD-1, MAD-2, MLA, MRA-80;
Portable mines for underwater destruction MP-1, MP-2;
Grenades against divers GIS -1;
Mines and anti submarine bombs BAE-1, GAS-66.
- Pyrotechnic Stuff:
Units for different types of missiles;
Torches and tracers for different calibers;
Port primer screws.
- Portable launcher for reactive ammunition cal. 122 mm with shorter range (12.5 km).
Part of these products, because of international circumstances and obsolescence, are not produced currently. However, our company is able, if required, to call into operation fabrication lines and to resume production in classic version or based on modernization required by the beneficiary. Of course, this recalling into operation involves some costs imposed by the new fabrication.
To perform activities related to military production, S. TOHAN S.A. has the following fabrication capacities:
> Machining lines, references and mechanical subassemblies for war components, projectiles, bombs, smoke grenades, reactive motors, fuzes, etc;
> Lines for heat treatment activities (IPSEN line);
> Lines for protection cover operations, like: zinc, cadmium, tin, elox, nickel coating, browning etc);
> Load lines with pyrotechnic substances and mixtures;
> Lines for assembly and final montage;
> Lines for painting operations;
> Lines for wooden package fabrication operations.
For performance of dismantling-delaboration and destruction operations, S. TOHAN S.A. has:
> Pyrotechnic workshops;
> Warehouses to store ammunition;
> Warehouse for non-pyrotechnic materials obtained after dismantling-delaboration.
> Polygon to destroy explosives and ammunition subassemblies;
> Workers, auxiliary and highly qualified staff in pyrotechnics.
For static tests on ammunition, the company has the equipment necessary to perform tasks and tests required by documentation.
The company has laboratories for physical and chemical tests for materials and substances involved in production, metrology laboratory and laboratory for water test.
To transport pyrotechnic substances and ammunition, the company has a specialized means of transport for dangerous products class I Ex III, according to ADR.
S. Tohan S.A. has a department of research-design with highly qualified staff in ammunition, some of them being specialized at Military Technics Academy.
Technological flow coordinators are as well highly proficient in this area. Staff working in the pyrotechnic area is qualified too.